(The site was under new management as of 6/11/10. 1/1/13 Update: the site will be revamped one of these days. Keep an eye out for it.
Meanwhile, please do consider joining our Chalet owners' & enthusiasts forum over at Yahoo Autos Group, it's free!)
So what IS that thing? Why, it's a 1976 or 1977 Chevrolet Blazer Chalet (or GMC Jimmy Casa Grande), the factory pop-up camper versions of the Chevy Blazer and GMC Jimmy.
- FAQ's-- answers to questions, including "what IS that thing?" *7/29/13 update on the relative pricing of these, since some sellers are putting tall pirces on 'em
- A photo galleryof what these trucks look like, inside and out.
- Pictures and descriptionsof some interesting Chalets (and Casa Grandes) that folks have sent in.
- Other kinds of camperssimilar to the Blazer Chalet.
- A list of optionsand color schemes, that the Blazer Chalet and Jimmy Casa Grande came factory equipped with.
- Some technical tipson maintenance and upgrades to keep your Chalet as good as new -- or better!
- Sales brochures, magazine articles and other period information, some straight from GM and some from other parties, about the Chalet and Casa Grande trucks.
- Trips- an archive page of the trips taken by the former owner of this site in his Chalet.
- Production details(serial numbers, dates of manufacture, how many were made, etc.)
- Linksto other websites and more information.
- Contact for the current owner and administrator for this site
- Does anybody know where I can find one for sale? - why yes, keep an eye on this reasonably frequently updated map and either contact me, or better yet, join the above-mentioned Chalet owners' & enthusiasts forum to see the corresponding contact info for map.
There are lots of pictures throughout these pages; almost invariably, they're thumbnailed for faster loading. That is, clicking on the small picture will bring up a higher resolution image.